Effective as of (DATE)
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Demographic data, such as your city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
- Communications data based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Donation information you provide when you make a monetary donation in support of the Coalition, such as donation history. We use a third-party vendor to collect and process your payment information.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Automatic data collection
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Communication interaction data such as your interactions with our email, text, or other communications (e.g., whether you open and forward emails) – we may do this through the use of pixel tags (which are also known as clear GIFs), which may be embedded invisibly in our emails.
Cookies and similar technologies. The following technologies facilitate some of the automatic collection described above:
- Cookies are small text files that websites store on user devices, allowing web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place, and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store more significant amounts of data on your device outside your browser in connection with specific applications.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for Service delivery and operations at the time of collection.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- Communicate with you about the Service, including by sending Service-related announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate;
- Understand your needs and interests, personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- Provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions, and feedback.
Research and development
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes to analyze and improve the Service and our business and develop new products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized data from the personal information we collect. We make personal information into de-identified or anonymized data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business. We will not attempt to reidentify any such data.
We may send you direct marketing communications about the Service or our partner organizations that may interest you. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Service improvement and analytics
We may use your personal information to analyze your usage of the Service, improve the Service, improve the rest of our business, and help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails, and to develop new products and services.
Compliance and protection
We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas, investigations, or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent
In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Cookies and similar technologies
In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited, how visitors move around the Service and user interactions with our emails.
How we share your personal information
Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, consumer research, and website analytics).
Any payment card information you use to donate via the Service is collected and processed directly by our payment processors, such as PayPal. Please review the privacy policies of our payment processor, PayPal, to learn how they use your payment information.
Third parties designated by you
We may share your personal information with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent. For example, we may share your personal information with third-party advertisers with whom we collaborate to offer you additional services such as sweepstakes, raffles, and promotions. We will share the personal information needed for these other companies to provide the services you requested.
We may share your personal information (such as your participation in Coalition events or expressed interest in partner organizations) with partner organizations to improve our programs or the Service. Our partners may use this information for internal purposes and to send you email newsletters and marketing, fundraising, membership, and other communications.
Business and marketing partners
Third parties with whom we co-sponsor events or promotions, jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may interest you.
Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, were necessary for the professional services they rendered to us.
Authorities and others
As we believe in good faith, law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties are necessary or appropriate for the Compliance and protection purposes described above.
We may disclose personal information in the context of actual or prospective business transactions (e.g., investments in the Coalition, financing of the Coalition, or the sale, transfer, or merger of all or part of our business, assets, or shares), for example, we may need to share certain personal information with prospective counterparties and their advisers. We may also disclose your personal information to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of the Coalition as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or similar transaction and in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- Opt-out of communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email or by contacting us. Please note that if you opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue receiving service-related and non-marketing emails.
- Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work correctly. For more information about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been placed on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also configure your device to prevent images from loading to prevent web beacons from functioning.
- Blocking images/clear gifs: Most browsers and devices allow you to configure your device to prevent images from loading. To do this, follow your particular browser or device settings instructions.
- Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications, or online services operated by third parties and are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications, and online services you use.
We employ several technical, organizational, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect. However, a security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for anyone under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. Suppose we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law. In that case, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us